January 22, 2007

Photography swap, part 1

Back from Chile, about to jump into the Stargate swap, but here's what I made for the photography swap:
A camera case and lens bag (she'd requested revamped leather if at all possible, and I'd bought a bag at Goodwill to try to do it. Then I took it apart and discovered it was vinyl and icky. Fortunately, I found this great sude look-alike at Joanns in the bargain section, which proved to be much easier to work with.)




A photo album stamped with trees (I've decided watermark ink and clear embossing powder is great, and I'm dying to try it in a scrapbook soon)













And a camera bag, appliqued with a tree from the same suede, lined with a leafy fabric (which inspired the applique). The zipper was a bit of a challenge, as was lining it in spite of the zipper, but I was quite proud of this bag. (I lucked out again-- I found out that she liked trees after I'd already bought the lining fabric!)







Part 2, what I got in return, will be up as soon as I can actually take the photos, which will hopefully be tomorrow night. And I've already got a couple ideas for the Stargate swap, which I started the prelim work for tonight.

And I've signed up for the first round of the 2007 Wardrobe Refashion challenge, so now I have to work from my stash! (Well, starting in February anyway, but since all I'm going to be getting are a very limited number of swap supplies, well...)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous projects, all! WOW! You've got a real talent for this!

    (this is Kara, who made her way over here from the WR 07 blog, by the way)

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!