Couple interesting things I learned from this dress/tidbits:
- This was really my first effort to try and match stripes, and though it doesn't look bad, and I'm probably the only one who cares, it wasn't entirely successful. I realized after laying the cut pieces together to see how I did that I probably should have cut the pieces out one by one, since generally one piece lined up and one did not when I had to cut 2 from the same piece.
- I have a bad habit of forgetting to purchase things like zippers and lining fabric when getting fabric with a specific pattern in mind. This was no exception. Though I did have to go out and buy a zipper, I was very proud of myself because I discovered that the lightweight tan cotton from the Plum Blossom Dress trim was actually very close in color (of course, this was also a result of my bad habit of taking forever to clear the leftover fabric away from my sewing area after finishing a project, but at least this time it worked to my advantage!) So since I had a rather large piece left over, I used that to make the bodice lining instead of buying more fabric. So I got to save myself the money and do a bit of recycling, so to speak.
Next on the agenda is the fabric I bought to make a matching shrug when I got this fabric last year, from the pattern I originally intended this dress to be. (Couldn't use it because I discovered it was a bias-cut dress and the embroidery is on the bias, and I would much rather have diagonal stripes than vertical or horizontal.)