April 11, 2008

Friday Favorites, Episode 5

Short (and late) edition this week.


1. This drawstring tunic at Assorted Notions. Just a basic sewing pattern, but it's a very classy print-your-own-fabric job.


2. Craft Apple's corset purse. I love lace-up looks, and the fabric combination is just so fun! She says she's going to put up a tutorial for how she did part of it-- I hope so, because I just might have to steal this for one of my next purses.


3. Nest had a tray made from an old frame. This one's a bit ornate for my taste, but I like the concept, and it's a great way to recycle!


Now, my own craftiness...I haven't taken a picture yet, but I made a sash for my Azalea on Wednesday. So that's done. I've also started dissecting that shirt that I got at the thrift store last week so I can try to make it into this blouse to the left. So far I've only gotten the collar off, and we'll see if I can actually manipulate the pieces into this, but it's a start.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh that blouse is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with the one you'll make.
    BTW, thanks for visiting. For all I know, your blog is where I first heard about the free Burda patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention!

    It looks like your blouse is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!