July 9, 2008

Creative things I'm hoping to accomplish by the end of the summer:

Seeing as how it's nearly mid-July, figured I'd better set some focus for myself here.

1. Finish the road trip album. If I do no other scrapbooking this summer, I want to finish that.

2. Make the blue and white dress. Would be nice to actually wear it before the summer ends.

3. Reconstruct that chiffon monstrosity from a few summers back.

4. Figure out something to replace my car seat covers with (even if I don't sew them before the end of the summer). The beach towels just aren't cutting it... these only lasted about a year and a half. I still have them on my car seats, but the driver's side cover is worn completely threadbare on the seat, and leaving horrible lint all over the front of my car. I'm considering maybe those woven blankets like you find on beach boardwalks, but I'm a little concerned about the price. I'd considered fleece, but I'm afraid it might be too hot for mid-Atlantic summer humidity. If anyone reads this post, I'm open to suggestions!!

5. Finish going through my fabric stash so I know exactly what I have to work with. And what I can use for fall wardrobe items.

6. Come up with 2 or 3 recipes to make my first round of freezer food for the school year. (Making stuff ahead and freezing it is often the only way I really get to eat when my school teaching schedule is in gear.)

7. Get over my current carpal tunnel flareup so I can actually do some of these things... :-( Anything involving scissors and seam rippers and photo-sticker peeling is not my friend right now!

3 comments:

  1. i'm going through the same thing with my car seats... i don't know, either-- i was thinking quilter's cotton for heat, but i guess it probably wouldn't last long. maybe home deco weight fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew that's a huge list! Incidentally when is the end of summer there?

    would upholstery fabric be better for your car seats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that carpal tunnel goes away. I know it is painful!
    And I hope you get to that blue and white dress. The fabric is gorgeous! (Coordinates nicely with the cat, too.)
    If you can find a serape at a garage sale or a thrift store, maybe you could make your seat covers out of that? I wouldn't cut up one that was hand-woven, but if you can find a factory-made one it might hold up nicely, and shouldn't be too hot.
    I'm also thinking of tea-towel or flour sack fabric. I'm not sure what it's really called, but think of towels that don't have loops--the kind that are good for drying glasses and not leaving lint behind. I wonder if that could work?
    Oh, and thanks for the nice comment on my little outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!