November 5, 2008

Taming the Pants Monster, Part 2

Or, to quote the song by The Frames that I currently have stuck in my head, "I'm not sad, I'm just disappointed."

I sewed together the muslin for the Classix Nouveau Razor-Sharp Pants from HotPatterns tonight. And, well, I'm not sure there's any way to salvage this pants pattern, other than entirely change it to something else. Sizing issue aside, they just don't look good on me at all. I don't know if it's the fact that they're a wide-legged pant, or if it's just this particular cut of wide-legged, or what. So I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do now...do I just try a different pattern, since I'm on a time crunch and don't have hours and hours to spend tweaking the pattern right now? And if so, what? Nothing on BurdaStyle looks like it will work for this. And the only patterns on sale at Joann's any time soon are Simplicity, and nothing on there is really inspiring me right now. Except for maybe the pants from this pattern. Of course, it's also a 5 for $5 deal, which means I might need to come up with 4 other patterns I like, and I really don't need any more stash patterns right now... augh!!

I give up for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Shame about the HP pants... I've got that other simplicity pattern, have made a top and skirt from it but not the pants yet. How about Simp 2860 or 3686?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 AM

    I never had to buy five patterns to get the 5/$5 deal. I choose as many or as few as I like and they ring up for $1 each. Good luck. I hate sewing with a deadline although that's what I usually do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!