November 6, 2008

Taming the Pants Monster, Part 3

Making progress! No pictures though, at least not tonight. Remember those computer issues that I was having about a week and a half ago? Well, after several days of working just fine, my computer started crashing again on Tuesday night. (Right around the time the election results were finalized...I'm really not making that up!) So it's looking like it's going to have to be entirely reformatted, with reloading Windows and everything else. All of my photos and documents were backed up last night, and my tech-savvy brother (who built the computer in the first place) is going to work on it for me tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm on my dad's borrowed laptop with nowhere to upload my photos. But I am still documenting.

Anyway, back to the pants. Since the HotPatterns attempt was a flop, I dug through my stash and pulled this one out. Along with the fabric I'd originally bought for it--since I was planning on finally getting to that this winter anyway (it's been in the stash for about 2 years now), figured I'd save myself some time and use that as my muslin too. Cut it out today, and basted it together tonight, and I think this one's going to work much better! Though it does need some adjustments. I made it the size to accomodate my hips, so of course it doesn't fit at the waist. I ended up chopping the yoke up, a la the other view, and then taking it in several inches around the three seams that the yoke now has. (Still basted together, so I can get the exact measurements later. I still need to tweak it a bit in the side seams anyway.) I think once I get the fit figured out, I'll go ahead and sew them together anyway so I can work out all the pattern kinks. It's been years since I attempted fly-front pants.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing worse than computer issues!

    I like that vogue pattern a lot, it has a nice sleek cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to sewing pants, but I'm pretty happy with the results of drafting my own pattern from that Threads article (I think it was in January of this year).

    Of course, it sounds like you have a pattern that's working for you now. :)

    Good luck with your computer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!