November 12, 2008

Taming the Pants Monster, part 4

Or, several notes to myself in tweaking the pants pattern. This post is pretty much just for myself so I can find it quickly. If I write it down on paper, I'll be sure to lose it in my messy living space.

Pants side seams: 1"

Yoke side seams: widening from 3/4" where it joins the pants, to 1 1/4" at top.

Yoke back seam: widening from 5/8" where it joins the pants, to 1 3/8" at top.

Crotch seam: tapering from 1 3/4" in back to 5/8"-- end of tapering approx. 1 1/4" from center, in front.

New pocket join point: ~1" from notch (pants side), away from center front.

Pants side and yoke side front notch: 7/8" apart. (Same for back double notches, actually.)

Next trick: How to actually transfer all of this to the pattern, so I'll be ready to cut out the black version.

Next next trick: Jacket muslin. Finishing the striped pants will have to wait, seeing as how I have only 32 days to actually get the pantsuit ready to wear! More like 20, if you count all the days (i.e. Mondays and Tuesdays) where I get done work/dinner/all that too late to have presence of mind to sew/the days I'm working on S's wedding dress!

1 comment:

  1. I cut out and half-finished pants from a free Burda pattern...and there they sit while I mess with other projects. At least you'll actually finish these! I love that wide waistband, and the stripey fabric.
    Do you watch Top Chef? Nobody stands out yet, except that tall woman with the glasses. I have a feeling she's going to be TC's "Stella." You know...at first you can't stand her, but somehow she grows on you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!