December 23, 2008

Secret Sewing Project Revealed!

It all started with this conversation between myself and my friend Bethany (on the right)...

Me: So I got your email about people dressing up for the party....do you mean formal? Semi-formal?

Bethany: No. I mean like Communists.

Me: Oh. *thinks about it* I think I could make a big furry Russian hat...

Bethany: YES!! DO IT!!

So yes... my secret sewing project was a big furry Russian hat, for a party which she and her roommate dubbed "The Fudgin' Russian Communist Christmas Party". Which I reconstructed from that same trenchcoat that the leather Diana bag is from. It had a zip-out fake fur lining. So I used that and some leftover black lining from the pantsuit. And some really heavy interfacing.


And what is a Fudgin' Russian, you may ask? They invented the drink for the party-- a White Russian with a fudgesicle dunked in. I'm not really into the alcohol thing, so it was rather strong for my taste. But you have to give them kudos for creativity!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great hat! :)
    I bet your hat was the hit of the party and now everyone wants one! ;)

    Did you use a pattern or just make it up yourself? Either way, it is very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!