February 7, 2009

I think I might cry.

Seriously, I'm kind of devastated right now. I had determined to finish the embroidery for this shirt I'm making, since I've been working on and off on it for at least the last six months. And since I currently don't have work on Fridays, I actually got a huge chunk of it done today-- about 30-45 minutes' work would finish it.

I was out with some friends tonight, and just got home, and was clearing some stuff off my bed so I can sleep, only to discover that somehow, a bottle of lotion got left open enough on there that a big glob of it was able to spill out--entirely contained on one of the three embroidered pieces. I immediately washed as much as I could of it out with soap, and I currently have it soaking in detergent-and-Oxy-clean treated water. But I have no way of knowing how many hours it's been sitting there--at least 8, since I left here just after 4. And the stain is quite obviously yellow, right on my cream shirt. And, go figure, closer to the shoulder than the part that would overlap in the front, so there's no concealing it. So unless soaking it in all this stuff and maybe the Tide-to-Go pen can work a miracle, I'm seriously doubting I can salvage this. Which means I'm most likely going to have to embroider an entirely new piece.

I was so excited about finishing this embroidery tomorrow--if I did, I could probably sew the entire thing together on Sunday and then have it to wear for the rest of the cold season. I'm quite badly in need of a cream-colored shirt. But if I have to re-embroider this, there is no way I'm going to finish this even by the end of the month-- I'm so horribly slow at it!

ETA, 12:20 AM--And to top it all off, I just discovered that the pendant of the necklace that I was wearing (which happens to be one of my favorite necklaces at the moment since it goes with tons of stuff, and it's better suited to the season than the brown-and-cream seashell one I wear all the time in the summer) fell off again. And since it's not tangled in the scarf I was wearing, that means it could be anywhere between here and a random Starbucks in the middle of Philadelphia (the last place I know it was there, since the necklace got twisted off to the side and I had to fix that). Technically, I can make a new one, I do have leftover supplies from it, but after the shirt, I really don't need this tonight. So, yeah. I think I'm going to go cry now. :(

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, Becky, don't cry! It may come out yet, and if not, you're so smart and resourceful. For now, hang in there and let's see what happens after all your fabric treatments are done working their magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I hope it come out!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!