November 12, 2009

Crazy...

It's not like I haven't been sewing. In fact, I've sewn more this past week so far than I have for the entire last month, since I've had the extra time.

The appliques on my quilt are going slowly, since they're all two layers. But all of the stems are done, and I'm on the second of five colors on the actual leaves (which go faster because they're not quite as intricate.)

I'm also recycling the insulated window shades that were in my brother's room by recovering them with fabric that will actually match/replacing the missing rings. It's an entirely hand-sewn job, so it's taking a little time, but I'm halfway done as of yesterday-- got one more shade to go.

On top of that, as of Monday, the ceiling and closet are both painted, and I've also painted the damaged wooden trim inside the closet so that the shelving could go back in. And I'm done sanding all of the furniture that needs to be primed except for one dresser in my room that has clothes in it. So, really, I've gotten quite a bit done in the past four days.

But I came to a realization yesterday--I still feel like, in a way, I'm very behind on my sewing. The reason why? Because, except for that one dress that took something like 2 months to sew because it was a total disaster, I haven't finished any clothing projects at all since the middle of August. I never finished my summer wardrobe, since I had to drop the shorts, and I didn't even really finish the last shirt I made for it, since I have to adjust the straps and haven't been able to find the time to do so yet. I mean, yeah, there was that gypsy costume, but that's not something I can really wear out in public outside of Halloween or the Renaissance Faire, you know? And it's not like I'm hating the home dec sewing...it's just not my main thing that I like to spend my machine time on. And I've got this big pile of fabrics and projects that I've been meaning to get to, some for well over a year or two, and it's mocking me.

Someone tell me that I'm not a slacker, ok?

1 comment:

  1. You're not a slacker! The wedding dress(es) took a lot of energy and time. Stick with it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!