Blame the weather around here, because it gave us a major tease yesterday. First day in weeks I'd actually been able to wear spring clothes, and I wished I'd had this done because it would have been a perfect day to debut it. And then today it goes and gets cold again! *sigh* So I'm going to tease you with some in-progress pictures.
I was glad to find out that the new buttonhole foot works just fine. I did have a bit of a gripe with the pattern I'm using (Simplicity 2248), as far as this particular piece goes. The piece has no interfacing, and yet it has a buttonhole. Which would make for a pretty horrid buttonhole, with just 2 pieces of cotton and nothing to stabilize it. So what I ended up doing was taking a scrap of the silk organza that I have left from the LBD (I have at least a couple of yards left, since I ended up underlining the skirt with the lining crepe de chine instead), doubling it, and stuffing it into that corner. Worked like a charm.
terrible movie. (Seriously--I couldn't even like this one for the costumes. All I could think at the end was that it was two hours of my life I'd never get back.)
(Also, random geek fact-- I was checking one of my favorite movie costume sites to see if there were any comparable Marie Antoinette dresses, and found out that one of the dresses used in the movie was apparently also used in an episode of Doctor Who! Hee!)