First off, thanks for the kind words on my last post, Mary and Gwen!
I've been making some nice progress on my jacket over the last several days, though slowly because I basically had no time to sew at all over the weekend. So here's what's been happening so far:
My goal for today was to get the pockets taken care of, and I succeeded. So I did a little process photography-- I was afraid that the Burda directions would be typically tough to follow, but this wasn't bad at all!
First I had to press the pleats in and baste it...
Then sew the bands on the top. (The only problem I ran into here was that I should have checked to make sure the nap was going the same way, because I didn't and I didn't notice until the pockets were already sewed on. So let's just say this was a design detail that I did on purpose, even though it was really just me thinking that the interfacing would probably be better on the outer side.)
Next step was to sew the lining to the other side of the band, with a gap for turning, then to sew all around the outer edge of the pocket.
On a random note, this lining fabric is reminding me of Junior Mints.