October 1, 2012

Closet Challenge Update, week 3

I have 3 outfit pictures this time, all from last week.

Monday, 9/24/12Admittedly, this first one (from last Monday) was a bit of a fashion experiment, and I'm not sure how successful it was. It was one of those days where I really wanted to wear this particular skirt, but nothing seemed to really go right with it. I finally settled on the "Spiced Chai" cami and the thrifted sweater, mostly because I was running out of time before I had to go teach. Also, for the record, my "North Country Regeneration" skirt does not have that big pleat-looking thing in the front. It's just your standard A-line. It's just because the top is longer than what I usually wear with it, and it's making it gather funny.

Wednesday, 9/26/12










Outfit #2 (from last Wednesday) was a bit more obvious--the Corset-Laced Pants with my lonely only (for now) Renfrew top. But I was comfortable and quite happy with this one, even though wearing this top in particular always makes me feel like I need to sew 5 more Renfrews NOW, and right now I can't. (Someday...)

Incidentally, I'm still not totally satisfied with the ties on this. The color of the leather is better than the original ties, but they just don't lay right. I think I'm going to have to resort to braiding embroidery floss together some night. I'll have to see if I have any that are a close enough color match. 






Saturday, 9/29/12The third one, from Saturday, is a top that I've featured before in the Me-Made months, but predated the blog. I guess this is one of my "elf" tops-- I made it during my college years, which was also when the Lord of the Rings movies were being released in theaters, and I was constantly being drawn to patterns with funky sleeves and those earthy colors as a result. (The reconstructed Renaissance-y shirt that I did last April was from the same era. Come to think of it, I still find myself drawn to those funky sleeve patterns. But hey, The Hobbit is coming out soon, so....) Anyway, there's things I wish I'd done differently with this top, like had a serger because the fabric is very prone to fraying. (At least I had the foresight to double-stitch the seams, which has greatly added to its longevity.) But I still love this crinkly mossy fabric, and those sleeves. And I always wish I wore it more than I do. So I paired it with jeans for a day of drinking tea with my sis-in-law and a mutual friend, and then running errands with Doug. (And testing out my future awesome reading chair, which is waiting for me at his townhouse.)

So let's see....aside from that, I've gotten some work done on the secret baby gift (so close to finishing!), got the stitching lines marked on the bodice pattern pieces for The Dress (but have not cut out the muslin yet), and started refolding my fabric for a possible storage solution in my future sewing room. (I also got paint for it!)

1 comment:

  1. I love those two greens, from the first and the third photos. That looks like a pretty awesome reading chair too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!