November 4, 2012

pictureless progress

It's been fun to see all of the costumey goodness around the blogosphere over the last few days! Nothing Halloweenish for me this year, alas. I had no parties to go to, and I wouldn't have had time to make a costume anyway. I did go back to my retail job yesterday, which is unfortunately still an outdoor register thing, And Sandy apparently decided to bring winter with her, because it was in the 40s pretty much the whole time I was out. So the closest I got to dressing up for Halloween was as an Eskimo while I was at work, as I was wearing FIVE layers up top, the last one being a winter coat! (Though I'd taken the fleecy liner out, thinking that the thermal top/long-sleeved shirt/required work t-shirt/hoodie sweatshirt would be sufficient. That was obviously a mistake.) Plus a scarf, hat, handwarmers, and gloves. And I was still cold. It's ridiculous. I don't know how you people that live anywhere further north of here do it!

I did go to the mall later on Halloween with my fiance, and I wore my Cadence sweater because it was orange. And I was still cold, despite having been indoors for hours and having hot tea. Blah. Anyway.

So I'm doing what is now my 4th bodice front, as well as an entirely new back. I want to make sure the princess seams are going to work, as well as test the pattern change I've had planned for the back. And I also want to make sure the lace idea is going to work, period. I haven't had a chance to work on it since Tuesday, so I haven't taken pictures yet--between a dj meeting, a weekend of rehearsals for this evening's flute choir concert that I'm playing in, and the usual work stuff, I just haven't had time to sew.

I did also go to a craft afternoon yesterday hosted by a casual friend, and started knitting a scarf to go along with the hat I made for my fiance back around his birthday. He's been asking for one now that it's starting to get cold again, and I need to use up the yarn anyway. So I figured that this can be something I work on while hanging out with him and watching tv for awhile, at least until I get to a point where there might be wedding-related crafts that aren't my dress.It's a simple enough pattern, just a striped ribbed scarf, and so far I've managed to get about 6" done, I think. No pics of that yet either.

We'll see if I get more work done on that bodice this week (I haven't even finished cutting out the new pieces yet). It's a bit iffy, since this week also marks round 2 of the dental surgery, and I know that sewing that day is off the table based on how I felt the last time. (That, and having to work one-handed while holding an ice pack to your face just doesn't work. I tried.)

So hopefully I'll have something to show soon. On an unrelated note, I have been reading the reports of how different bloggers fared in the storm, particularly in the New York area, and I'm glad to hear that you're all safe!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, it is cold all of a sudden! I was walking the dogs this morning in my light jacket and had to change to my wool peacoat before heading to work! Brrr! I can't say I'm excited about the season change-- what happened to summer?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Sandy blew it away. Boo!

      Delete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!