May 16, 2007

The Lizzie shirt, and adventures in pattern-making



And the finished product! I finished it on Saturday, but just got a picture this morning. I wore it on Monday and the gathering on the side worked just fine, though I think I may need to put some kind of snap or hook and eye in there just to get the crossover to stay in place--otherwise it has a tendency to sag over the beaded band.


This is my next project, from last summer's Anthropologie collection. I got the stuff to make it then but ran out of time. So I spent a good chunk of Saturday trying to draft a bodice pattern from this book. I was just doing a basic one at first and planning on altering it from there. But I don't know if I took the measurements wrong, or if I drew it out wrong (there was an awful lot of math involved), but the muslin I made on Sunday sucked. The shoulder seams were practically short sleeves, the extra length at the waist was sufficient to make it just hit my waist, and I didn't like the placement of the darts at all. So I ditched that for now and went back to altering a pattern I had. It's cut out, just need to sew.
And I need to decide if I'm going to re-sign for the next few months of Wardrobe Refashion. I'm inclined to do it-- the only factor is, I still haven't figured out if I can make a winter coat warm enough for me with my wool allergy.

1 comment:

  1. The shirt is lovely! I enjoy lurking here. :-) Hope you re-up for Wardrobe Refashion, your taste and skills add that extra something to the place!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!