September 14, 2008

Sleep masks!



Well, I'm back, had a great time at Virginia Beach. but after basically a week of no crafting, I was definitely in the mood for a quick project!

I've decided I'm going to attempt to do more handcrafted gifts this year, and already have a couple things in mind for a few friends. So this afternoon I made two sleep masks. The top one was the test version I made for myself (which I'm hoping it works out for me, because I'm one of those people that just can't sleep when there's light in the room, so I always have trouble when staying with friends), and the bottom one is a birthday gift for a friend. Or at least part of it, because I feel like this might not be enough. I'm going to visit her this weekend, and even though her birthday's not for another month, I don't know if I'll see her again before that, so I need to think fast! But she mentioned she wanted a sleep mask because she has lace curtains in her new room (she just moved) and the light comes in a lot. Yes, hers is bigger-- I took less of a seam allowance on it, after seeing how mine turned out. The fabric is leftover pieces from other projects, so this was a good scrap project!

Hmm, need to think... I could make her a little relaxation kit of some kind. Maybe some kind of lavender satchel, or some body care stuff or something... will have to think about that. I know her room is doubling as her studio, since she's an artist. I wonder how lavender mixes with turpentine...

2 comments:

  1. I love the cute sleep masks! So fun and creative!!

    Thanks for all of your comments on my site, Becky! Sorry I'm not so good at commenting back on yours, but I love reading your creative post!!! Hope all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sleep masks are cool. I totally should make one of those, 'cause I can't sleep with any light, either!
    Add a nice cup and some chamomile tea to the 'relaxation' package!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!