March 3, 2009

R-O-C-K in the USA!

Since I had a little time to kill, decided to assemble one of my leftover pages from the scrapbook weekend this afternoon. (I'm afraid I'm getting very used to being able to do stuff like this, and that going back to working my secondary job will be a major shock!)
So this is from last summer. The occasion should be obvious.

Just a couple of little details. Since I'm trying to play around a little more with embellishment, decided to try some dimensional stuff on this page. I had 2 pieces of the flag paper so I glued the stars from the second page onto thin cardboard (came for free in a pack of patterned paper) and cut them out, then layered them on with some of those pop-dot things. Doubled as a good place to write on page 2.

When I started scrapbooking, I was a broke teenager, and would frequently do things like just cut strips of paper and glue them around the edges of photos rather than actually mat them, so I could make the paper go further. That frame around the title is me reverting to my teenage habits-- I didn't want to cut a piece off of a full sheet of cardstock, so I used my xacto knife to rough-cut a rectangle out of the piece I was already using or the second page, and then covered the hole with a photo. Shh!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm a 4th of July baby so this could work for birthday pages also. I like to scrapbook too, but sewing usually takes top billing.

    Stop by my blog - I left you an award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I recognised my hair from far away! I love the pictures on there of us and Hayden! So cute!! And what a great hula hoop picture of you! I like how you put them all together, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dimensional star in your neat layout. I understand the stretching of supplies. I learned that when I was really poor. It still sticks with me. Hey, it makes sense, especially when the finished product looks as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!