March 26, 2012

Just in time....

I finished knitting my Camille shrug on Saturday! Good thing, since I need it for this coming one. I like it, but I realized after trying it on that the cut of it is going to make it a little difficult to wear with anything too strappy. I'd originally planned to wear this dress, but then had decided to switch to a different one that one of my friends passed on to me because I thought that the colors (lavender topped with black tulle) would be a little more spring-like. But this shrug looks pretty awful with the strap placement, so I think it's going to be back to plan A....just have to dig it out from under my bed where most of my spring/summer clothes are still residing first.

I'm thinking it might stretch out a bit more as I wear it-- right now, it's cutting just below my armpits. I thought about eventually undoing the binding and adding more to the ribbing, but with the way it sits on the back of my neck, I don't think I want to do that.

And here's the back in action! (Please ignore the messy hair. And the somewhat dazed look on my face in the previous picture. I'm a bit under the weather today.)

Now here's the thing I don't get--how do I always, always drastically overestimate on my yarn? So far, I've always bought the yardage that the project calls for, or as close to it as I can get when I'm always subbing yarns. So how is it that I have 3 full skeins of this left over? And what on earth am I going to do with them? (After I finish a few more queued/started projects, anyway... I have the next one in mind and may start swatching tonight.)

I haven't worked on it since last Wednesday, but here's a sneak peek of what's going on with that jacket. Which hopefully I will have more time to work on tomorrow.

Just a reminder--I'm giving away a couple of unused patterns from my stash. I realized belatedly that I was a bit unclear on the procedure in that post, so here's the deal: I am willing to split them up, it's first-come first-serve on which ones you want, and the deadline is this coming Sunday. If there aren't any takers, I'm going to put them up on the local Freecycle, but I wanted to give the lovely online community the first shot! So far, there haven't been any takers, so they are all still available.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I suppose you need a lighter shirt underneath to show off the lovely lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shrug! The lace is beautiful. And the jacket looks intriguing - can't wait to see a bigger photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, peplum and cute lining on the jacket! The shrug looks great, I love the lace pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the shrug!

    The jacket lining is really great. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!