July 9, 2012

The best kind of distraction

So I wanted a quick sewing project after the Summer Spark Sewalong before I dive back into the jeans, and so early last week I cut out a knit shirt. I started sewing it together on the morning of the 4th. And I haven't touched it since.

The reason: this is what happened early in the evening of the 4th.
Needless to say, I've been a little distracted since.

I do plan to get back to my sewing soon, and hopefully my knitting if my carpal tunnel eases up soon-- I have a few unfinished projects that I'd like to take care of (like said shirt, and I really would like to get those jeans made up, because I'm going to need some comfortable jeans to wear for planning this thing.) Besides, I need something to keep my hands busy while I solidify some ideas that are bouncing around my head. That's right... I'm going to be taking on the Ultimate "Frosting" Project: my wedding dress!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement. I know your wedding dress will be wonderful.
    I made my wedding dress two and DH didn't realise the formal dresses I wore to events leading up to the wedding were wearable toiles. He's such a bloke:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And good luck with your wedding dress, I' m excited to see how it will turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Love your ring. Can't wait to see what your wedding dress will look like.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I didn't sew my wedding dress (I didn't dare) so it will be very exciting to follow you when you sew yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, I am sure your wedding dress will be stunning, btw you got engaged on my BD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! And fingers crossed for your wedding dress, and everything that follows...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and have loads of fun planning your exciting wedding and marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you! You are brave taking on your wedding gown! I'm sure it will turn out beautifully. I can't wait to see what you dream up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! Congratulations! The ring is unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS! What an exquisite ring. Made me cry though as my own ring was stolen in our house break in a weeks ago. wedding dress plans?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yay, congratulations! :D What a beautiful ring!
    So, do you have plans for your wedding dress yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many many congratulations!!! It's an absolutely stunning ring :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!