My hands have been busy, and so has my brain, trying to wrap it around all of the things I need to get done in the next 4 months. And several of them have a DIY component, so that justifies me doing a brain dump here, right?
- The dress, obviously. I am 4 catch-stitched seam allowances away from being ready to sew the skirt onto the bodice, woohoo! Which I'm hoping I can get done today, because between Doug's birthday, church activities and flute choir, it looks like this weekend is going to be a total bust for sewing.
- Doug's tie and a green sash for my dress. I got the fabric in last week, which I ordered from Gorgeous Fabrics. The color is gorgeous, of course--it was labeled "happy green" and appeared to be a cheery spring green--but unfortunately it's way too close to neon for my comfort in this particular context. So I also got some kelly green dye from Dharma Trading Company to see what I can do. In other words, dyeing experiments are in my near future! (Side note: for emerald being the Pantone color of the year, it is ridiculously hard to find solid silk fabric in a good weight for a tie that's anywhere close to a green that isn't chartreuse or olive!)
- Jewelry for the bridesmaids, which I may or may not have to end up making myself. It's dependent on whatever color this fabric ends up being (ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseworkout) and whatever dresses my girls end up getting. I don't particularly care if they wear the same dress, we're just doing knee-length black something or other so I can up the chances that this dress can actually be worn again, but I do need to have an idea about necklines so I can see if necklaces are in or out, you know?
- Centerpieces for the reception. We were originally planning to incorporate my mom's teapot collection, but we didn't have nearly enough that would work and it was way too expensive to get enough. So we're painting some flowerpots instead and filling them with the artificial flowers. This is also going to depend on what color green this fabric ends up being. On the plus side, I may be able to reuse some of these pots afterwards to grow some herbs or something. But it's still another DIY.
- I also need to finish figuring out flowers for the ceremony, but my church got renovated and no one seems to know what the deal is for weddings now that the sanctuary looks very different and so I'm kind of stuck.
- I need to get back in touch with the baker to confirm coloring for some details on the cake. Again, waiting on that green fabric.
- Invitations, thankfully, are done and printed. Hopefully having invitations that don't completely fill the envelope won't look tacky, because we had to get larger envelopes to accommodate RSVP cards due to the sizing. I just need to get stamps, stuff 'em and send 'em, but that can wait till next month.
- I'm making these paper sunflowers to go on the table numbers, which is in progress, but still quite a bit to do.
- I need to get a garment bag for the dress.
And that is just all I'm able to think of off the top of my head that is related to things I'm making, and doesn't even factor in things like moving. Do I sound stressed? I'm sorry to say that I'm beginning to feel stressed!