November 10, 2007

Green Paisley hoodie

I'm a slacker in posting.... but most of the time no one reads this anyway except for me, so oh well.
Anyway, I finished this up on Thursday. Rather simple recon... the sleeves were directly off the original cardigan, with a little length added both to tie in the band at the bottom of the shirt and to accomodate my overly long arms. Those strips were cut from the original back, and the hood was cut from the original front. You can't see it in here, but I also reused the neck binding to cover the raw edge between the neck and the hood. I might need to end up taking it in a bit more at the sides to acomodate the bubbling in the front-- since the original tank had a lettuce hem, I think it might have come out a bit much between that and the olive. But overall, I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, and that overall there really wasn't that much stretching. Even though it's a pain to take on and off, I love the walking foot.

Today's order of buisness: I do have to do some laundry, exercise and cleaning. But since for the first time in awhile, I don't have to leave the house today, my plan is to cut this out and see how much of it I can finish. Once I get the pattern, anyway.... I have about 35 pieces of printer paper to tape together first, and then figure out what my Burda size is.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute recon! The greens work well together(see.. there is someone else reading this! I've got you in my bloglines - I'm just really bad at commenting!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!