January 28, 2008

The green brocadeish skirt...

....which I need to come up with a better name for. Let's call it the Eowyn skirt for now, since the colors and weaving of the fabric kind of remind me of some of her costumes in the LotR movies.

Anyway, I finished it yesterday. Had to do some adjusting on the sides, ended up re-sewing part of the zipper by hand, and hand-hemming it. But I'm quite pleased with both the look and fit of it.


And a really bad shot of me wearing it with a sweater that doesn't quite match. At a bad angle. But there ya go.
What I'm not so pleased with at the moment is the shirt I'm making, mainly due to the serger being a pain in the butt. I'm also having serious questions about the darts with the silky fabric-- they don't seem to be laying right. Fortunately, they're not the type of darts I had to trim. So I'm thinking I might just pin it together before sewing (I'm afraid basting would make me mess it up taking it out) and try it on to see how that part actually looks on me. If it's no good, I'll just have to rip the darts out and try again. We'll see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!