April 8, 2010

unexpected.

A detail view of the neckline of the shirt I'm making from my muslin for the seafoam top. This may end up falling under the category of a happy accident...I haven't pressed it yet, so I don't know if it will stay this ripply and poofy (I pleated and pinned the fabric strips directly onto the neckline without ironing), but I kind of like the poofy ruffly-ness. (Which is good, since even with ironing, it could revert to this after washing!)

More pics to come soon...all I have left to do on this is hem it and it'll be done. But I'm going to hold off on that till tomorrow, as we're supposed to go from this gorgeous summery weather we've been having back to regular ol' early April overnight. Which means the potential for massive thunderstorms starting as early as 9, which means if I want to exercise and shower before those hit, I'd better get my butt in gear. Literally!

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty. I love the ruffles, and the color is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see ripply and poofy! Just a great color on a cute top!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!