December 21, 2011

Dear sewing, I miss you....

I literally have not done a thing related to sewing since last Wednesday, when I traced out the pattern for my raincoat. Between work, multiple eye doctor appointments for a minor emergency, practices and performances for a concert at my church, a cookie bakefest with my sis-in-law, and trying to get things ready for a family gathering of most of my female cousins today, I just haven't had time to. And it's starting to make me a bit twitchy.

I did manage to get in some knitting time, at least, during those later-night hours when trying to figure out sewing directions is a bad idea but I can do nothing-but-knit-stitch just fine and brainlessly. So the Cadence sweater now has one sleeve done, and the second sleeve started. I tried it on the other night, and learned that I probably should have done more decreases in the body. It's going to be pretty big. But at this point, rather than re-knit it, I think I'm just going to run with it, knit it longer, and wear it with my one pair of skinny jeans. I was commenting the other day that I needed some longer warmer stuff to wear with those anyway. And even though it's alpaca and acrylic, maybe the blocking will help.

So at least I haven't been entirely uncreative. And I'm glad that I took up knitting this year for that very reason. But I still miss sewing.

Maybe once Christmas is over...

2 comments:

  1. My involuntarily break from sewing is due to the flu :(. At least I finished all my Christmas sewing, but I don't know if I'll be allright enough to hand the gifts out.

    Let's hope for a very creative 2012, and sometimes it is OK that life gets in the way, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you have my commiserations. :) I'm visiting my parents right now, and even though my sister's sewing machine is here, it's on the second floor in my old bedroom, so it's a very unsocial activity. I'm glad for the knitting, which I can do in the sitting room while everyone is down here talking or watching tv...

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!