- I'm actually pretty close to finishing up the blue jacket! I got a nice chunk of sewing time yesterday, and so all I have left is one hand-stitched seam and 3 buttons to sew on. No pictures, because at this point I'd rather wait until it's done.
- Regarding the Onyx sweater: I still don't know what I did wrong. I spent a good chunk of the evening chatting online with my KAL-partner-in-crime tonight, and the solution we came up with involved cutting the yarn and treating the wrong side like it was the right side. Which worked really well in that it put the mistake stitches on the wrong side, and I was able to just knit an extra row to get back on track. Only problem is that once I got caught up, we went on to the first row of the next section, and where the instructions say to knit the reserved stitches for the back in the same row as the front, the back section is doing that exact same thing! So far, we're both having that issue. At this point, I might just purl all of that section instead, since I can't make heads or tails of it otherwise.
- I cut out the Butterick convertible dress today. I had to do a last-minute change of plans on this one. My mom gave me two pieces of fabric for my birthday specifically for this pattern, since I had no stashed pieces of knit that it would be ok to show the wrong side of. I was originally planning to go with the blue hemp jersey, but it was cut so crookedly that I basically lost a quarter-yard of fabric once I got the fold to lie flat. And since two of the three pieces were cut on the fold, that part was kind of important! So I went with the green rayon instead, and I'll have to come up with a fun top to make out of the hemp. Maybe some kind of Anthro-inspired embellished Renfrew... The dress should sew up pretty quickly, though, given that it's basically 4 seams, 3 edge finishes and a hem. The drape itself is left completely raw-edged, so other than getting it in the side seams, I don't even have to mess with that. It'll probably take me more time to get the serger rethreaded and the tension right than to sew the actual dress!
- I am reknititng my swatch for the knitted tee, purposely forcing myself to knit less tightly. It's a little early in the swatch to tell, but I think that the width may be good now. (So maybe what I can do is just knit more tightly on purpose when I hit around the waist, to give it some shaping!)
At least it appears that my Beignet will look good.
Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe I'll have time to squeeze in that regular pair of pants shortly after the convertible dress and jeans, because I did sign up for Me-Made-May this year. Hopefully I won't totally flake like I did last March. I'll have been back to work longer, so hopefully that means I'll be more adjusted to the schedule and can squeeze in some photo-taking!