February 10, 2007

Busy work

I'd been hoping to get some sewing in last night or tonight. Didn't happen. It took far longer than anticipated to defrost my frozen leftovers for dinner once I got home from work around 8:15, and by the time I'd gotten that done and eaten, since I'd also had early work yesterday I was way too tired to even think about turning on the machine. So I just did a little bit of extra needed dissection on the blue shirt. So now I'm hoping for tomorrow afternoon on actually cutting out some new pieces and trying again.

I also decided I have way too many clothes (and yet I still want to make more!!) so I decided to pare things down a bit. For tonight's efforts, I got through all the shirts in my closet (which is all the winter stuff and 3/4 sleeved things). I'm getting rid of 14, and pulled out 14 more that have reconstructive potential (though I suppose I shouldn't count two of them, since one I bought at a thrift store with the intent of adding embellishment of some form because I love the cut and fit of it as is, and the second is one that I just want to alter to make it more flattering.) I still have a lot of shirts in there, but there's actually room to maneuver on the rack now. So next challenge is my pants. The side with the longer skirts could be a bit more of a challenge, because I can't see myself getting rid of many of them and that side also houses my costume collection. Which, no way am I getting rid of those. But still, not bad for a night's efforts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!