February 15, 2007
Noooo!
Figures... the weather caused cancellations for all my work yesterday, but before I made it down to the sewing machine, the power went out! All that free time and I couldn't sew! Oh well. I made the best of it--I finally had a chance to sit down and read through most of one of my latest scrapbook acquisitions, A Designer's Eye For Scrapbooking by Ali Edwards. (I finally had enough credit to get my own major credit card, so I got the Creating Keepsakes one so I could earn free supplies. I'm pretty good at doing sewing on the cheap because I can always resort to thrift store fabrics, but scrapbooking can be tough! I'm not going to give it up anytime soon though, because I'm a photography nut who likes to have prints, plus I've always been a journaler, so I think this will be a good thing since I have to buy gasoline anyway.) Anyway, I think that once I get these design principles down, it'll make my pages look a lot better because I tend to just throw things down and see where they fit and take it from there. I learned some design principles back in my (short-lived) art major days when I was taking 2-D design, but I don't remember anything about that class other than the frustration of staying up all night to complete projects, only to have the prof look at them, tell the class we all sucked at it and do it again. And I'll have some good time to play with layouts, since I have a whole bunch of photos from my recent trip to Chile to do something with. I had them in a temporary album but since I took a lot of vertical shots and all the photo slots were horizontal, that annoys me. I'm going to be limiting myself to just a couple of supplies for the whole album, so I can get it done quickly, so it'll be a good experiment for me. I still do need to get some things developed, but hopefully now that I have power again, I can figure out what I still want and get those soon. And maybe get some time to sew tonight. And finally watch Lost, provided my friend's coworker remembers the tape.
Tags:
scrapbooking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.
Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!