August 2, 2007

Tie-dye dress, finished!

It's finally done! And I must say, overall I'm very pleased with the results. It's not too often that something comes out almost exactly as I'd pictured it in my head, which makdes the times it does all the sweeter. I did have to make a few modifications to the original design-- the midriff panel wasn't pleated, since I realized when pleating the skirt that there was no way it would stitch down correctly and still look good, but since the fabric's subtly pleated anyway it still has that look. And I wasn't originally planning on binding the armholes as well as the neckline, but it just ended up being easier in the end.

I did have a little mishap with the midriff panel in the back--accidentally sewed in one of the pieces the wrong way, colorwise, but other than a little bit at the one side seam, it's not very noticeable. And the top of the zipper doesn't look quite as nice as I'd hoped it would, but hopefully that's not noticeable either.

Now if I can just figure out how to get both ends of the tie going the same way...

2 comments:

  1. Your dress looks great! I'm sure you will get many complimnets when you wear it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really gorgeous. well done! all your hard work paid off!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!