February 21, 2011
It's a mod, mod world
So here's my quick and dirty pattern review:
I made this from Simplicity 2852, view E. Though I made a few modifications--lengthened the sleeves, and I ended up taking it in along the sides. Probably about a total of about 4" all the way around, and it still hangs pretty loosely on me. Which makes for a pretty comfortable shirt, actually.
Megatokyo shirt. And would you believe I still have quite a bit of it left? Good thing, since I have something in mind for it...)
Actually, I think that knit worked better than anything I could have easily bought for it. The solid knits at Joann's tend to be a thicker interlock, and the weight of the jersey bedsheet worked much better with the drapey jersey knit print. So hurrah for recycling!
I think I'd use this pattern again, at least in the square yoke incarnations. Though I'll have to remember to take it in, possibly even more than I did this time. And, should I decide to do Me-Made-March (I'm still wavering), this will give me a nice comfortable shirt for it!
A final note: one of the things I'm really trying to focus on this year is using things in my stash so I can try to get it down to a manageable level, so I'm going to update from time to time. As I figured out earlier, I started off this year with approximately 273 yards of fabric. So far, I used about 1.7 yards of fleece on the boot stuffers, 2.5 yards on the Pendrell Blouse, and since I'm left with largish scraps but no actual yardage, I'm going to say that I used up the 2 2/3 yards of knit on this shirt. I'm not counting the knit used in the Winter Beauty top, because that was already cut out when I sorted through the fabric and so that fabric wasn't counted. And I'm also not counting anything from my scrap bin, because that's just way too anal for me. So that means that so far this year, I've used up nearly 7 yards of fabric, which gets me down to approximately 266 yards, give or take a few inches. (Technically, a little less, since I did have the LBD fabric in there, but I'm not sure how much I have left.)
So now I just have to figure out what to do with what's left of this knit fabric....they're large enough pieces that I feel bad about throwing them out, but I'm not sure I have enough to even squeeze a cami out of it.