Warning-- super pic-heavy post coming up!
It took awhile for me to get going on my next Summer Essential again--got interrupted by the necessity of a laptop bag, work, and travel. But hey, travel gave me something sewing-related to post here! A couple of my good friends and I went to Hogwarts (technically Universal Studios in Florida, though we spent most of our day there at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter section), and I couldn't resist taking pictures of the magical sewing supplies in the window of the wizard tailoring shop! (No, you couldn't go inside, it was just a storefront. But still.)
Anyway, back to work!
As for the pleat itself, I don't have a good picture of it yet, but what I ended up doing was drawing a sort of stretched out trapezoid-shaped piece that runs the entire length of the leg. Since the leg is seamed down the middle anyway, I was thinking that adding a new piece of fabric would be a much easier way to add the pleat and maintain the fit that I already tweaked, rather than just combining the two pieces. Plus then the grainlines would have been all wonky on one side of the leg. Don't want that. It's about 4" wide at the top and 7" wide at the bottom, so once it's sewn in and actually pressed into the pleat, I think it'll end up being fairly close to the original leg circumference. (If I measured it right off of the pattern, the leg hems are originally 28.5"! Love those hippie flares!)
Since I don't have my retail job today and I have a nice chunk of time this afternoon between students, my goal/hope for today is to get as much of the front sewn together as possible. Here goes nothing!
p.s. I actually may even have a knitting update soon, since I have actual visible progress. But today, sewing comes first.