I know, I know, cheesy title. But I did finish two bags within the last two days-- one on Friday, and spent the majority of yesterday sewing the other.
Sunflower skirt. The black floral fabric is also clothing leftovers, from a thrifted dress-to-top refashion I did prior to the blog.
Munchkin-- kind of a parody card version of those Dungeons & Dragons-type games.And all of the weapons and armor you get have these funny names like "Boots of Butt-Kicking", etc. I think I'm going to have to call this one my "Bag of Extreme Stash-busting"-- would you believe that this one bag used up almost 4 yards of fabric? 3 3/4, to be precise. First of all, there's the denim/brocade outer bit (the fabric was already stitched into these stripes, I'm not that crazy. At least not this time.) And then I used a pretty nice chunk of some random lavender twill that I was given for free, substituting for the canvas that was called for to interface the bag. And then on top of that, the bag itself is padded, which used up the majority of some grey fleece. And I also lined it, so that fully used up some silky polyester stuff I picked up for some patchwork-type skirt that I never actually got around to making.
Simplicity 4391 (I'd picked it up awhile back to fill out a 5 for $5 sale purchase), with a few tweaks. Namely enlarging the bag, though I did take the flap from the regular messenger bag, and change the velcro to buckles and webbing.
It was really nice to just knock out a project quickly-and have an entire day to sew! I'm pleased with the results overall, even though the bag itself is quite weighty. And no wonder, considering all the fabric that went into it!
(Incidentally, this bag gets me down to about 255 yards of stash--technically a little less since I cut out the pants today, but I haven't added that in yet. So I'm down almost 20 yards from where I started this year!)