August 25, 2011

Hey, I DO have the patience to make clothes out of string!!

Well, here we go...my first knitted piece of clothing! (If you don't count the hats.) I seamed it together and added the buttons this evening while waiting for students and watching the news reports of all of the hurricane fun that's headed my way.  While I'm hoping that the neckline will still straighten out a bit, I'm pleased with the results overall. And glad that I managed to finish it while it's still summer!

So now I need to figure out what to do with the 3/4 or so of a ball of this sparkly blue stuff that I have left. Maybe a pair of simple handwarmers, like these? Or these? Or perhaps a cowl of some sort, if I wanted to change up the look of this top and make it look more like a turtleneck? Not that I need to figure it out right away. I have other things I'd rather make first.

7 comments:

  1. I am very impressed. You own that shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great job! It looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have far more patients than I would! I love the color, and knit makes it a good piece to transition into the fall with. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on your first knitted garment. I really like it. Have you tried blocking the neckline?
    I also like your henna'd hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thar's definitely more than I've achieved so far. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I really like the keyhole front!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've knitted two scarves - and two half scarves (: - so I'm definitely impressed. It's a pretty color and the keyhole is a great detail.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!