March 24, 2008

all sorts of crafty mischief

Since I have three days of projects to catch up on.

Item #1, completed Saturday night:




Yeah, that's right, another ATC. This one is colored pencil and charcoal on watercolor paper, and loosely based on one of the photos that I took out west this past summer. I think I might do another similar one because I wasn't actually looking at the picture when I drew the tree, and I think I could get it closer. The tree silhouette was really fun to draw anyway. I still need to fix the charcoal, but other than that it's done.



Item #2, completed yesterday:




Does the fabric look familiar? I took a picture of it and used it for my banner. :D Anyway, this is my blouse from New Look 6407, and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. Though I think if I were doing it again, I'd make the ties longer, because once it was on the only way I could tie them was in a simple knot. No clever names for this blouse yet-- I'll work on coming up with a half-witted one, at least, for the sidebar.

Also showing a pic of the inside here, because I'm so happy with how finished it looks in there! Plus this is the best job I've done with the new serger so far.


Item #3, still not completed but I worked on it tonight....

These little booklets are for my road trip album, specifically for the journaling. I had to assemble the last two albums tonight, and I've been sewing buttons on to act as closures. Only 4/16 done so far. (My mom's thrilled that I'm using up all these buttons from her stash. The covers are 2-sided mulberry paper, and they're bound with hemp.
And I'm using this stuff called Perfect Pearls to put the writing on-- it's basically this clear pen and these powders that you brush on that has resins in it to bind it to whatever's in the pen. (Same stuff I've used on this scrapbook page.) Adds a nice shimmery touch.

4 comments:

  1. love the in & out of your shirt! i know how you feel, when i got the inside of my dress right, it was like i wanted to stop people on the street and show them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lovely shirt!!! You're still inspiring me to get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool projects! And I love your new banner! Congratulations on getting that changed! ;)
    --Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your projects are awesome! I like the blouse, especially. That fabric looks hard to work with, but you did a great job!
    PS...just hanging out on my computer, waiting for tonight's new "Top Chef"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!