March 21, 2008

Friday Favorites, Episode 2

Lots of fun goodies this week!

1. The Little Fabric Flower Box at Creative Kismet. It's fun, it's funky, and the colors are really cheerful. That, and the way she describes how she just had to make it really makes me smile.

2. Sharon's "season transition" skirt. Style-wise, it's a very simple skirt in a rather neutral color (more suited to winter), but the applique makes it so much more interesting and gives it a more spring-like feel. (I'll admit it, I love it when adults don't shy away from clothes that are embellished in a fun way!)

3. Secret Pocket Easter Eggs at Sew, Mama, Sew! I have absolutely no reason to make one, but I think they're adorable. Plus they'd be a great way to use up scraps, they'd look more fun in an Easter basket than the plastic ones, and they're also better for the environment and more young kid-friendly than the plastic ones.

4. Also found through Sew, Mama, Sew! was this tutorial for cd coasters at Scrapdash. I've definitely used unwanted cds as coasters before, but they didn't look nearly this classy. Looks like they'd be really simple to make, too. (Though I think I'm still going to hang onto my pile of old AOL cds that I kept for crafting purposes for now... for years, I've really wanted to use pieces of old cds to mosaic a tabletop or something. That idea's indefinitely on hold until I actually have somewhere to put a table though, so if I ever have a need for more coasters or a quick gift idea for someone with a house, definitely going back to this one.)

5. This wrapped wire necklace at Crafty Daisies. You'd never be able to guess what the silver ring inside the wire is-- just an ordinary washer (like the type you get at the hardware store!) I've been wanting to expand my jewelry-making repertoire to wire anyway (pretty much the only way I can work in metals with affordable supplies), and this looks like it would be a good project to try for it.

6. Not new to me-- this last one, from Angry Chicken, is purely for nostalgia value. My friends and I used to pass notes in class that were folded all cool like this back in late elementary/junior high school.

Well, that wraps it up for this week. Happy spring/Good Friday, all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!