March 15, 2008

Bored with Blogger Layouts

Not really craft-related, but it is creative, so....

Spring's almost here. It's finally starting to get to the point where my fingers aren't icicles all the time. And the grass is starting to get some color to it. I actually saw flowers the other day when I was driving to work in the university town. So I think it's time to change the look of this blog some.

Only thing is, I have no clue how to do it.

Really, I just want one of those nifty banners. I'd like to change the colors too, but I know how to do that part at least. Could any of you more html-savvy people point me to something that might help? Like, you know, "Blog-banner-making for Dummies" or something? (It's not so much actually making the banner as getting it to actually appear on the blog, really.)

3 comments:

  1. I have to run to work in five minutes, then I'm going out after. But if no one comes by to help you by tomorrow, I'll see what I can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a lot of useful help at this site:
    http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/
    Hope it helps! Good luck!
    --Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, again! I'm back to try to help you with your banner. I don't know how to do a fancy one from some designer, but I can show you how to take a picture from your own photographs and make a banner out of it.

    First step, pick out a photo you like and make sure you know where to find it later. If you have a program that lets you crop photos, I'd crop away some of the top and bottom, or the picture might come out very big. You'll see on my blog that I cut pretty close to the roses in the picture I used.

    Second, open your blog and sign in. You will see the word "customize" in the upper right hand corner. Click on that.

    A page that says: "Add and Arrange Page Elements" will pop up. You'll see the title of your blog in a long bar. Click on "Edit."

    Now you'll see a box that says "Configure Header." Under image, click "from your computer." Find the file where you have the image you want to use, and double-click on the image.
    It will show up in the box. If you click "Save Changes," the image will show up behind your title, on the top of your blog!

    I hope this helps. I don't know a lot about this, but I can do links and photos on the side, too, if you want help.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!