July 4, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy...




Ok, so I'd really just like to thank Mom2fur at Sorta Frugal. Just had to be a little dramatic, since this is my first blog award!

There are some requirements for accepting, so here we go...


1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.


3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award. (Hey, I tried... Blogger's not cooperating on the pic!)

4.The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. To show these rules.

So here's my five nominees....


1. First on the list is Lydia at Lydia's Cozy Corner. I actually know her in real life--we were schoolmates. She's several years younger than me, but one of her brothers was in my class, and I'm pretty sure we had an art class or two together at some point during my high school years. I don't really remember talking back then--like I said, she was a few grades below me, at least--but I think I found her blog through Facebook or something. Anyway, Lydia is a very talented girl who writes the most wonderful posts about cooking (complete with mouthwatering pictures--she really turns cooking into an art form!) and makes these amazing invitations/cards. I wish I had some grand occasion that I needed invites for...I would so want to buy them from her.

2. Second is Oonaballoona, at Oonaballoona. Found her thanks to a BurdaStyle thread asking about members' blogs. She's an East Coast girl, transplanted to L.A., who makes great outfits and talks about life in LA-la land. Very enjoyable to read.


3. She paints, she knits, she sews, she shares my love of stealing clothing ideas from Anthropologie... third up is KOTI*KOTI (don't know the author's name, sorry!) Another BurdaStyle blog find. She makes some amazing stuff-- even designed/inspired two of the BurdaStyle patterns (the Naomi and the Kasia.)

4. I always enjoy reading Sharon's posts at Adventures From the Sewing Studio. Besides her sewing projects, often vintage-inspired, she also does some very entertaining posts about her dogs and has a regular feature she calls "Flashback Friday", in which she shows a picture of herself or a family member from years past, often in something she made. So fun.

5. Last, but certainly not least, is Cidell at Miss Celie's Pants. Her sewing is amazing-- she's inspired me to really think about fit, fabric layout, and finishing details, because all the stuff she makes turns out totally professional-looking.

Second order of business: I'm officially signed up for a 2-month pledge at Wardrobe Refashion... after taking nearly 6 months off, I missed it. So here's my re-pledge:
I, Becky, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that my thriftiness brings!
Third order of buisness: There will be Friday Favorites. But I'm going to post it later. I have open-flame cooked food to eat and explosions in the sky to watch. (Literally speaking...not the band. Though I like the band too.)


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Becky!

    Off to check out your links. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!