October 16, 2008

Chevron blouse (and a new project)

Here it is...the blouse I finished last night. For the most part, I'm quite happy with how the design turned out. I do wish that the V lined up a bit more in the center front-- I'd intended it to do so. But it didn't quite turn out that way.




It did on each side though, and I guess that's the really important thing, right?






Started a new project tonight, too.



BurdaStyle is doing a recycled mini-challenge, and so I'm trying to turn these two things (a leather trenchcoat that my mom was going to get rid of, and a dress from when I was a teenager) into a new bag to haul my band teaching stuff around in. So I spent the better part of tonight taking the dress apart, once I realized that while the flap can fit on the skirt piece just fine, the back (with the seam) would only be able to accomodate one. So I'm going to have to get a little creative in piecing the print with the black fabric from the top. I mean, yeah, sure, I could just use the lining from the original coat to line the bag... but what fun is that?


Since the leather is going to be seamed on every single bag piece, and I have a big empty corner on the flap, I'm debating whether to add a bit of detail, taking a cue from the lining. The petals are just the leather flipped over to show the more sueded side. I'm not sure about this yet though. Any thoughts?

And yes, there is going to be a good bit of leather left. But I do have plans for some of it, at least. Just wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. I love the blouse, and I think the bag is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!