1. I don't have an absolute favorite color. I used to say it was blue. But now I like green pretty much equally. And no particular shade of either-- I just really like blues and greens. And browns too, at least in my clothing choices.
2. I'm addicted to finding new music. It doesn't matter how many cds I have loaded onto my iPod-- I'm still constantly searching for new bands or cds to check out! So my subscription to eMusic is definitely a good thing for me-- 40 new tracks every month! (Incidentally, I wish that Blogger had the LiveJournal feature of being able to post what music you're listening to as you write...)
3. I hate Valentine's Day so much that, during my senior year of college, a couple of my friends and I invented our own holiday to take its place. We called it Single Women's Empowerment Day. And then exetended it to a month and shortened it to SWEM. The holiday kind of died last year, when J (one of the original 3 partners in crime) was engaged. I miss that.
4. I have literally scarred myself by crafting-- when I was 15, I sliced a huge chunk off of my fingertip with scissors while making paper beads. What really upset me about it was that my dad had planned to take me to a parking lot to get in some driving practice, but since I was bleeding all over the place, he took my then-13-year-old brother instead! I still have a circle missing from my fingerprint, as I found out a few weeks ago when getting fingerprinted for my band teaching job.
5. It's very hard for me to just sit and watch TV. I either have to be crafting or on the computer at the same time. Sometimes both.
6. I have never been able to develop a taste for coffee. Even when I worked at a coffeeshop. People give me drinks with coffee in them, and all I can taste is the coffee. I can't even distinguish different flavors of it. But I can with tea. Weird.
7. Despite the fact that I play flute for a quasi-living, I have no control over what notes come out when I whistle.
Let's see...tagging seven people (Man, I hate this part... if I linked to you and you already did it, let's just say you're ahead of the game, ok?):
1. Lydia at Lydia's Cozy Corner
2. Gwen at After the dress...
4. Antoinette at clevergirl.org
5. Mom2fur at Sorta Frugal
6. Caity at caityquilter
7. Sharon at Adventures from the Sewing Studio
Here are the rules:-Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.-Share seven facts about yourself on your blog – some random, some weird.-Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.-Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
I'm not entirely certain I'm going to be able to finish my bag in time for the BurdaStyle contest. I've run into a bit of a snag on trying to sew the strap on, in the form of "my machine will only take about 3 stitches in the entire thing because it doesn't like multiple layers of leather". I'm hoping that since it at least made needle holes, I'll be able to hand-stitch it on without inducing multiple stab wounds to my hands! And, you know, that the stitches will actually hold. Secondly, I did end up losing a lot of time on Saturday in pumpkin carving.
But I was happy with how that turned out, and it was crafty, so it's all good.
And then I lost pretty much all of Sunday, between blueifying S's wedding dress (we spent a couple episodes of Firefly on it and only got 4 flowers beaded... *sigh*) and this project that my church Bible study group is doing-- basically an Extreme Home Makeover of a girl's room (with the dad's permission, while they're on vacation)--she's the neighbor of one of the women in the group, the mom died of cancer last year, and the dad's pretty overwhelmed with trying to support his family and play the role of both parents. So she's basically a pre-teen with what was a toddler room, so we're trying to make it a little more age-appropriate on the cheap. I said I'd sew some pillows, and so I basically spent a couple hours on Sunday night starting that, had no time for anything crafty on Monday because of work, and then spent pretty much from 8 last night till 12:30 this morning trying to finish them. And didn't. I still have to hand-sew the open edges closed. But I'd like to think that the results will be worth it.
And then tomorrow is later work and cleaning, T and C are coming over on Friday night, Saturday I'm going to the Renaisance Faire, and Sunday is the deadline. Maybe if I can work on it Sunday...
Guess I'd better get on that hand-sewing. And tagging.