October 3, 2008

Gypsy blouse, version 1.5 (and some refashioning ponderings)

I did finish it tonight. After taking the ruffles off and trying it on to see where to put the lacing loops, I realized that the sleeves actually looked much better without them. So instead of reattaching the ruffle to the bottom, I added an elastic casing to the sleeves to cinch them in a bit.
(A bit closer up on that, though badly colored. With the flash, it was too washed-out, and my lighting in here is rather dim for non-flash photography without natural light to supplement.)
And since I spent some time taking before pictures of my want-to-reconstruct pile, I'm posting one that I've been a bit stumped on for awhile. This was one of my thrift store acquisitions-- a stretch polyester velvety fabric, princess seams, pretty long. I got it because I liked the color and texture (I'm a sucker for things that are silky and velvety!) But I haven't quite figured out what to turn it into yet. If I needed another medieval (or Narnia-esque) costume on the cheap, this would be perfect. But I can't really justify it, seeing as how I have one that's almost the same color. So should I make this a shirt? This one might look ok, if I can figure out a way to add sleeves to the pattern to make it warmer. And this one is pretty, though I'm not sure if it would need the multi-colored dye job to look really good. Or should I try for a less-frumpy dress, maybe like this? Or this? For awhile I was thinking maybe a bathrobe-type thing, but there's no way the arms of this would fit over any of my winter pjs! Hmm....

2 comments:

  1. Those sleeves look good with that elastic casing - good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:14 AM

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!