I had my next several sewing projects plotted out--I even made a list at work the other day to figure out a good order to work on things in. I even started on that list yesterday (at least until I had to stop for reasons I will disclose later in this post), and then you just had to go and offer a jeans-making class! Which of course you knew I couldn't resist signing up for, since I've been trying for what, 2 or 3 years now to get a decent pair sewn up? And especially drawing me in with that class outline saying that two of the topics covered would be denim selection (since that was probably the first major problem with the ill-fated jeans of last summer) and adjusting the pattern to avoid things like gapiosis (which is always a problem with my jeans, and the fit of the last pair wasn't so hot overall either).So much for the best-laid plans....but at least I'll (hopefully) get a successful pair out of this!
I also ordered this pattern, which I've heard a lot of good things about both from PR and from sewing bloggers that I follow. I'm hoping it will be nicer to me than this one, which was a resounding failure on me and didn't even make it past the muslin stage. And let's not talk about that self-drafted one that I had to make out of masking tape....it fit better, but was still somewhat disappointing. I guess that's what I get for using "imperfect-but-basically-best-fitting jeans", as I put it. Oh wait, I guess I just talked about it!
On a brighter note, I did cut out a pair of summer pajamas today, which I just might be able to get sewn together quickly. Since I can't use the serger right now, I'm thinking I can either zig-zag the fabric edges or just trim them with pinking shears to keep the fabric from unraveling. The latter might be more comfortable, actually, and since they're just pajamas, I can probably be a little more lax on the inside finishing than I've been allowing myself to for awhile now. (And this one was on the planned summer sewing list-- #7, to be exact. I did decide to go with the Jane pajamas, and it's probably a good thing as I had barely enough fabric to do it! Particularly since I'd already lengthened the shorts...)
Oh yeah, and the black skirt is done as of Wednesday night. Or yesterday, I suppose, as that's when I pressed the hem as the last detail. Just haven't taken pics yet.