June 13, 2010

It's curtains for me (again)!

Ok, so they took a little longer than I thought. Apparently I slightly overestimated the amount of fabric that I needed, and after I'd already sliced the fabric in half (mostly for ease of ironing the 4 1/2 yards of fabric), I ended up having to chop an extra foot off of each piece! And since I'd already hemmed both raw edges on one of these, I had to hem it a second time after. (Boy, am I glad I decided to check before I started the second curtain!) But they're done, finally, and it's good to have one of those projects that's been hanging over my head since October out of the way.

Added bonus: This will make a much nicer backdrop for having Donna the Dummy model my finished garments!

1 comment:

  1. It's weird, but I find curtains to be more difficult than clothing. I guess it's all that accuracy! A friend taught me a few tricks that help, but I still don't like making them.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. The decluttering is an on-going process!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!