June 19, 2010
Me vs. the flowery explosion, part 2
The armholes are still a bit of an issue-- I had trouble showing just how gappy they are when the shirt is on, but you can see the ripples. I do think I probably need to take it in there at least half an inch. Also thinking that the easiest bet might be to just suck it up and bias bind it like the pattern called for in the first place. Though maybe if I use some more of that seafoamy green, it won't be such the shocking pop on the sash.
Not sure if I'm going to get to playing with it today-- I'm just feeling really tired and headachey this afternoon, I spent the morning running errands, I've got a total experimental biscotti recipe in the oven that I decided to try spur of the moment (I had to turn it on anyway to make cookies for my dad for tomorrow, at his request), and I'd already decided to grill dinner tonight. I'm not motivated to work on my jeans muslin, either. So I think once the biscotti are done, I'm just going to cut out my next sewing project, since that's relatively brainless compared to tweaking fit. (Besides, cutting is one of those things that I need to take advantage of having actual motivation. One of my least favorite parts of sewing.) And then just play video games the rest of the day. Because I got myself a Wii this week, and it's Saturday, and I can, darn it!
But I am hoping that I can finish this top, the jeans muslin, the next project (a maxi-dress) and maybe a reconstruction that's been simmering in the back of my mind all summer, by the end of the month. I have a secret project for July, which I can't actually start yet. And it would be nice to get these couple of things taken care of first!