...makes it a good day for sewing shorts! Especially since I actually had some time to sew today! And the Summer Essentials Sew-along officially starts today!
Then once I had the new pocket line marked, I interfaced where the opening was supposed to go. The tutorial recommended pinking the interfacing, but I decided to use some really lightweight stuff so I just tore it. I didn't want to mark the actual cut line on the outside (not sure how well this chalk pencil will wash off), so I hand-basted the line instead, using the pattern as a guide.
The only thing is, I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to put the actual pocket pieces in! Burda's directions are being typically hard to decipher, and all of my on-hand resources seem to focus more on welt pockets for jackets, so they just have small rectangular ones. So this is going to be my stopping point for the night, in order for me to do some more internet research. I need to switch to knitting now anyway, since I'm going to be hanging out with my crocheting friends all weekend and would like to get a few more rows done on the tank top first. That way I can just do a more brainless pattern and be social!