July 24, 2011
And Operation Awesome Pants is a success!
Anyway, how did I do? I do wish the lacing was closer in color to the actual pants, but I know that making it from the linen would not have worked with the eyelet holes--as it is, this cording just barely fit. So the tea-dyeing was the closest I could get.
A few close-up details:
A Fashionable Stitch and did the zigzagging more next to the edge than over it, like I've always done before-- I never thought to do it that way! The linen is so fray-prone that it looks very much like I just stitched it over the edge anyway, but I'm hoping that will prevent it from happening more.)
Incidentally, I think this cotton print that I randomly had in my stash was the perfect complement to the caramel-colored linen! And I managed to use up all but one largish triangle, which I have plans for....
Anyway, since this project's been well over four months in the making, as well as the major hold-up in my Summer Essentials plan, it's good to finally have it (basically) done! I'm feeling rather accomplished. And in need of a quick sewing project. I sense a quick-n-dirty refashion in my future....