June 11, 2008

Dragonfly wallet

I'm being a slacker this week in blogging... finished this on Sunday, but didn't get around to taking pics until today. So this is the wallet I made from that skirt.

Took a little longer than anticipated, mainly due to having to hand-sew the binding all the way around. Not to mention the mess with the credit card pockets. But once I got past that, it actually came together really nicely. And I have to say that so far, I love this wallet.
For one thing, the cards fit perfectly-- a relief, since in the lining of the Gothic Rose bag they were too loose and often fell out, and in the Wild Horses checkbook cover they were too small and I couldn't even fit them in.
And the pockets are really nice-- the zipper pouch is very easy to get change in and out of (the zipper was also recycled from the original skirt-- I haven't figured out what to put in the velcro pouch yet, but I'm sure it'll be good.
Also completed on Sunday-- the remainder of the bridesmaid necklaces. Which simply consisted of putting the clasps on, measured to fit the girls so they'll hopefully look like they're the same length.
I think these are going to be my only craft projects of the week, seeing as how I'm still trying to sort out my work schedule. Once I adjust I'm sure it'll be easier to find some craft time. I did manage to get a good portion of my sewing area cleaned up though, sort of. The sewing table itself is almost completely clear, at least, and that's pretty huge. I am hoping to be able to start cutting out my next sewing project on Sunday, though.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that looks fantastic!

    Did you use a pattern or did you just make it up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is gorgeous. I love dragonflies.

    BTW where did you get the scrolling side bars on your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!