June 6, 2008

Friday Favorites, Episode 12: The all-sewing edition

Wow, so I guess this marks 3 months that I've been doing this regular feature! Though it'll be a short one this week, since all I've had time to do with the blog feeds is skim. So I hope I didn't miss anything really cool! So this week is all sewing.

1. Not so much a technique or tutorial, but this shirt from The Sewing Divas was a good reminder about how crucial pattern layout can be with certain prints--not something I usually think about, but should more often.

2. Sharon B posted a link to a tutorial for little stuffed fabric birds. They're just really cute.

3. A few weeks ago, the featured project at Threadbanger was this "shrug wrap thingy", as they dubbed it. This week, they posted a step-by-step how-to with pictures, which is far more helpful to me because then I can print it out and take it to where my sewing machine generally resides. And I liked this one.

4. Favorite refashion of the week at Wardrobe Refashion: Someone made a belly dancing skirt out of jeans. Must weigh a ton, but it looks great!

That's all for now. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I love those birds! And that blouse...omg, the matching is amazing. I love the way the circles sit just right on the border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog awhile back. I'm catching up on posts and thought I would visit you too. I love all your refashioning posts and pics. I keep saving clothes to remake into something, just haven't done it much. ALthough I did make a kids back out of kids pants. That's about it. Thanks for sharing the links in this post. I love the little bird pattern and have printed it out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!