December 7, 2008

Joy to the world....

....my pantsuit is DONE!!

Ok, ok, so it doesn't quite fit the rhythm of the song. I don't care. It's DONE! I finished it this afternoon, after spending many, many hours doing the hems yesterday (main reason it took so long was that I kept getting sidetracked by other stuff, like making pea soup, or browsing the internet, or doing a little cleaning that I had to do, etc.) But here it is!



And here's a closeup of the buttons-- I found these, and couldn't resist putting the curves in opposing directions.










And this blurry picture is to show that I am having no issues at all with gap-itis in the back of the pants-- this NEVER happens for me! So I was quite excited about that.










I didn't just do the pantsuit yesterday. I also finished Cassie's Christmas present (which I'm not posting a pic of yet, because she's been known to lurk on here.) And I made the aforementioned pea soup. And last night, I made this necklace.
It was supposed to be for my mom's stocking stuffer stash. But after finishing this around 11:45 last night and trying it on, I got a little paranoid that it was a bit too chunky (read: cave-girlish) for my mom's taste. So I ended up showing it to her today--and it just happened to perfectly match what she was wearing! So I guess she can consider this her advent present or something. Or a second 3-days-late birthday present.


And then I made her this necklace this afternoon--not a surprise, she wanted to get something red to wear for Christmas and ended up getting a red shirt and black sweater. I had to go to Joann's anyway to get some ribbon for a reconstruction I want to do soon, and so we picked these beads out and I made this. I think those pentagon-shaped beads are pretty fun.

So I am incredibly excited to be done with that pantsuit, seeing as how I've been working exclusively on that (at least as far as sewing goes) for the last month or so!! So I have a couple quick sewing projects I'm hoping to get done in the next week or two-- a present for Tracey, a present for my brother's girlfriend, a Christmasy recon, and a secret project that I'm not going to talk about yet-- let's just say it's not a present, but I think it'll be more fun to post about as a surprise.

14 comments:

  1. WOW!! It turned out fabulous! Very, very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the pants suit!!
    Pretty necklaces too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great suit - you'll be wearing these pieces for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a perfect suit! Great fit on the pants, and cute choice with the buttons. You really made the right call getting the whole suit started weeks ago! Will you get someone to take pics of you, wearing the suit, in action on the podium? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pantsuit looks great! I love the pants. I used to sew clohing, but haven't done it for a long time. I still remember though that suit, any kind is super dificult.
    I love the necklaces too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pantsuit is utterly gorgeous! Fantastic job! And boy do I hear ya on the gaposis. Sigh. So extra great job on the fit, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!it looks great, and the jewlery does too!
    ~shawna
    sewcraftblog group 3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pantsuit is amazing! I love the way you played with the buttons.
    It looks like it has a very wide waistband? I like pants like that...they look flattering and are much more comfortable.
    All-in-all, it looks like something you could have bought at a high-end boutique. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The pantsuit looks great! I love the buttons and you really nailed the fit of the pants! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. do you get all of your beads at joanne's? i love the first necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great pants suit. I love the way you designed the buttons. The fit on both the jacket and pants is great. "Joy to the World" is an understatement! The necklaces are "to die for". You had a very productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your jacket and pants look great. I like whatyou did with the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations! fits you like a glove. i wish i had the courage to try oants again. my first time left me horribly scarred.

    by the way, thanks for the tag-- i'm a bit behind the times, eh?:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow. awesome job. Love it. U look great. i need to make one for me too. inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!