December 3, 2008

Christmastime is here....

...and with it comes Christmas crafting!

From Friday night:
-Poinsettia ornaments made following the flower pinwheel pattern at Hello My Name is Heather. I shrunk the pattern to about 3" and skipped the stick.

-Snowflake ornaments--the two on the left were chipboard snowflakes I found in the scrapbook section, then painted and glittered up. And the beaded one was from a kit that we've had around here for ages. I might make some more, but it took awhile!



And then I've made four necklaces in the last three nights-- I'm in charge of my mom's stocking every year, and it's become traditional for me to make her a couple of necklaces. This year, she requested that I take her bead stash and go nuts. So more will be forthcoming, but this is what I have for her so far:

1. Monday's necklace, from a wooden pendant with a woodburned design, and wood and tiger-eye jasper beads.
2. One of Sunday's necklaces, from a shell pendant, cats-eyes beads, and silver spacer beads.
3. Sunday's other necklace, which was actually just a restringing job due to a broken clasp. I'm pretty sure I originally made this one for her, back when I was in grad school and on a trip to New Hampshire for a music competition (Mom came with me, and I brought beads to make jewelry in the hotel room. Which was nice downtime, since I was sick with a nasty cold the entire couple of days I was there!)
4. Last night's necklace-- silly to give a Christmas necklace in a Christmas stocking that she won't be opening until Christmas Eve, I know. But the snowman pendant was so cute that I couldn't resist!

No necklace tonight, most likely, seeing as how it's after 10 and I still need to get a shower and such. Didn't do it sooner because I was sewing. The good news is, the jacket is at the point where all I have left to do is attach the lining to the jacket, do the hems, and sew on the buttons and buttonholes. And then I am DONE!! I might even be able to finish by the end of the week! I'm sooooo excited to move on to other projects--maybe it's because it's something I had to do, but I just have not been able to get excited about this pantsuit, despite the challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Everyone is holiday crafting lately. I do my mother's stocking too (have since I was in elementary school) and I haven't even thought about it yet- her birthday's the day after Christmas and I've had enough on my plate trying to cover the two of those. Maybe I should churn out some necklaces.

    I'm Tala, by the way, the newest member of your Sew Craft Blog group. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those poinsettia ornaments are utterly gorgeous! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow have you a busy little elf!! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "pinwheel" pattern from Hello My Name is Heather. I found it a couple weeks ago and have been wanting to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is amazing, but those poinsettia ornaments...all I can say is 'wow!'

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!