November 28, 2008

Friday Favorites, Episode 30

Happy day-after Thanksgiving!! Appropriately, most of my links this week are for Christmas stuff.

First off, even though I'm not buying anything today, I have a list of eco-friendly craft supplies, courtesy of Crafting a Green World. I'm kind of drooling over the bead collection. And wondering how my crochet friends would feel about yarn hand-spun from the seller's wedding dress...

Some fun decorations at Dollar Store Crafts. The first is Christmas ornaments made from those little metal wrappers that tea lights come in, and the second is a recycled cd decorated to look like peppermint candy. Yum.

Ok, so this one's not exactly Christmas-y. But I loved these "fairy lights" made from Christmas lights and recycled egg cartons at Whip Up. I'll have to find an excuse to make those sometime...a party, perhaps? I also had to take note of their list of tutorials for baby crafts--I think I have a couple of years until the next wave of babies, since it seemed like half of the women I know and their sister had a baby this past year, but I'm always scrounging for ideas (and ways to avoid the headache that is Babies R' Us!) so this should help.

Moving away from the holiday stuff-- I really liked this Dresden petal handbag tutorial at Quality Time. Not only cute, but a great way to use up those pesky scraps. And, well, this one really isn't crafty at all. But I also had to bookmark this list of music of interest at Angry Chicken. Because music feeds creativity, and I'm always looking for ideas of bands to hunt down at eMusic. Mmmmm, indie bands.

And with that, I am off for a night of movies and craftiness of the Christmas ornament variety with some of my friends. Ciao!

7 comments:

  1. The Tea Light reycled ornaments are very pretty. I also like the fairy lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dresden petal handbag is super-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, the Dollar Store Crafts site is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to my Dollar Store Crafts blog!!

    I LOVE the Dresden petal handbag! Beautiful!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, again! Thanks for the nice anniversary greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the links!
    ~Shawna
    sewcraftblog group 3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a lot of links!
    I am also in your group for SCB.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!