November 4, 2008

Taming the Pants Monster, Part 1


Or, Why It's A Darn Good Thing I'm Making A Muslin, or, Mental Note To Self: I Am Not A Glamour Girl.
So here's the scoop: I really need to learn to make pants that fit me. And I have to stop procrastinating now, because I need to get this pantsuit done within the next month and a half. I'm using the Classic Nouveaux pants from HotPatterns (my first time using this brand). And I cut the muslin out tonight.
In the process of doing so, I learned that I had apparently ordered the wrong size. I know I read the webpage, I don't know how I missed this. But I went by my bra size, which led me to "Glamour Girl"...and somehow, based on my measurements (and not counting my bra size), I should really be in the second-largest size of "Slinky Girl."
Mental note to self: Never order patterns based on bra size again. Unless I actually decide to make a bra or something related to such.
So what it comes to is, I'm making a size too big. So this muslin will be interesting to fit.
And wrapping it up there, because I have microwave chocolate cake calling my name in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how frustrating! I'm sure you'll get it worked out nicely.

    Enjoy that cake!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after moderation. Just trying to keep the spambots at bay.


Thanks for taking the time to comment--your feedback is most certainly appreciated!